The E. F. Wallengren Fund for ALS Research was founded in memory of Ernie Wallengren who died in May 2003 of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis – Lou Gehrig’s Disease. A successful TV writer/producer, he put his career aside to coach boys’ basketball in the San Fernando Valley, earning the love and respect of his teams, their parents and the entire community. After his death, fellow coaches at Calabasas High School established an annual basketball tournament –the E. F. Wallengren Hoopfest – in his honor. The event attracts gifted amateur players from throughout the west and to date has helped the Fund raise nearly half a million dollars for ALS Research.
The Fund is administered under the auspices of The ALS Association Golden West Chapter. We use this sub avenue as a way to direct one hundred percent of the monies raised toward research laboratories around the country – at Harvard, Columbia University and the University of Wisconsin among others. Progress is being made on several fronts and we are hopeful that our efforts will be rewarded with a cure for a now-hopeless disease that leads to total paralysis and causes a death every thirty minutes.
Our 15th annual Hoopfest is being held Saturday, May 12, 2018 and we’ve been blessed to have some wonderful sponsorships in the past. We are delighted that you would consider one of the following:
• $250 - Company logo on event t-shirts.
• $1500- Company logo on event t-shirts, logo on banners, acknowledgment in program, and PA address system at event.
• $3500 - Company logo on t-shirts, company name on scrolling billboard at event. Entry for your company challenge team (8 players) with uniforms along with banner placement at event, acknowledgment in program and PA address system at event.
• $5000 - Co-Title Sponsorship, All media promotion mentioning title sponsor. Company logo and link on Morning Show page at www.kost1035.com as well as Facebook and Twitter posts. Logo and company link on Hoopfest web site www.dreamsdontdie.org. Minimum 15 mentions on KOST 103.5FM. Large company logo on t-shirts, company name on scrolling billboard at event. Company challenge team (8 players) with uniforms. Banner placement at event.
• $10000 -Title Sponsorship, “E.F. Wallengren Hoopfest presented by your company”. All media promotion mentioning title sponsor. Company logo and link on Morning Show page at www.kost1035.com. Logo and company link on www.dreamsdontdie.org. Minimum 30 mentions on KOST 103.5FM. Four weekly email blasts sent out to KOST 103.5 FM listeners featuring your company logo and its support for the E.F. Wallengren Hoopfest. Large company logo on tshirts, company name on scrolling billboard at event as well as up to 6 company challenge teams (8 players each). Banner placement at event.
It is our sincerest hope that you will partner with us in this most urgent and meaningful cause.